On to Rock and Roll!
Paul McCartney was recently interviewed on the Howard Stern show. Howard Stern is one hell of an interviewer. I have read a number of books on the Beatles, and Paul McCartney and were familiar with some of the stories in the interview.
I bought and downloaded the New album and have not listened to it yet. Maybe today.
Here is the interview (Audio only) - over 45 mins - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd80ZB5YxsM
You just can't imagine how much Paul McCartney and the Beatles have impacted modern music in the latter half of the 20th century. More than any other group, the literally changed Rock and Roll. I think had John Lennon lived, we would have seen them unite on a project together, but once John died, the Beatles died with him.
Teach you kids about the Beatles, read some of the books out there. Re-discover the music. There are some great books on John Lennon and Paul McCartney - very in depth. I haven't read a good George Harrison book but I did read a Ringo book. Buy and watch The Beatles Anthology, great videos of interviews, music, the whole works from the beginning to the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment