ACA rollout. C'mon guys....In order to undertake registering millions for healthcare the system needs to be ready! I think heads need to roll. This is the president's flagship achievement. Not ready = getting fired.
I have worked in software development/QA for almost 40 years. Over half of that in Aerospace and doing custom software for satellite command and control. The one hard date they had was October 1. I would be interesting in seeing what transpired for the last year of the project- Obviously not enough QA and test, or load testing.
Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. Having healthcare for millions of uninsured is a good thing. We're the last industrialized country not to have healthcare for all its citizens. Terrible.
I would hire a notable company or put the Government experience software folks to come in and clean up this mess, not pay the contractor in full. There has to be penalties for crapware.
The norm these days.
ReplyDelete19 million visitors to the site and 500,000 people have signed-up - not too bad. If you believe those figures. I agree that testing, including load testing was not done properly or at all. Hopefully, they'll get the glitches out soon. I agree, heads should roll. Love the concept!
ReplyDeleteIt will all get straightened out. I figure about 2 years to get the kinks out - get people settled in, also I would expect high use of the insurance at first then it will taper off. Just think...some of these people have never had health insurance.
ReplyDeleteAs of today, over 700,000 enrolled. Great news - and these are folks that have never had health insurance before and hopefully most are younger folks - assisting us older folks that use the system more. Love the concept about pre-conditions are not a factor. Rock-on ACA!
ReplyDeleteWatching the Sebelius hearing on Capitol Hill - what a bunch of A@#HOLES! I hope all of these folks are replaced next year.
ReplyDeleteDip-shit Romney is on Meet the Press today. People need to realize that some these folks are in health insurance plans that are useless - covering practically nothing. Glad the government has set minimum standards for coverage. If you are paying $40 a month for health care, you are probably not getting much!
ReplyDeleteYeah, saying the president "Lied" is just more of the same hate. Now, if Obama actually knew this would happen, which I don't think he knew, he should not have said it in the first place. If he actually lied, with intent to lie, that is wrong and you should not do that! I feel he was talking about decent plans, paying work provided plans in the speeches. If you look at what is going away, I think most of us would say good riddance. Its just going to take time. It will all get smoothed over as time goes by.
ReplyDeleteYes - I think he should make a statement clarifying his original remarks and advise how these "adequate" health care coverage are positive for all of us. We have to remember, WE pay for folks that do not have "adequate" health care coverage - in BILLIONS of dollars - let's take that BILLIONS lost and make folks get adequate and affordable health care coverage. I think this is lost in the message. How much taxpayer dollars are spent caring for folks without adequate coverage? BILLIONS and BILLIONS! - Rod
ReplyDeleteOh, I am still available and will work for just per diem ($350 a day) - and travel to DC. Just contact me. - Rod (35 years experience)
ReplyDeleteHere is a pretty good article on fixing the issues with the Affordable Care Act.
ReplyDeletehttp://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/4-ways-fix-obamacare-174242324.html